Now with Coronavirus cover for your peace of mind!
Our client holiday travel insurance scheme is available to eligible passengers travelling on our holidays which is arranged by Wrightsure Services (Hampshire) Limited and underwritten by ERGO Travel Insurance Services Ltd (ETI) on behalf of Great Lakes Insurance SE (GLISE). Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.
ERGO Travel Insurance Services Ltd (ETI) is registered in England and Wales, company number 11091555. ERGO Travel Insurance Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, register number 805870 and registered office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN. Details about the extent of GLISE’s authorisation and regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority, and regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority are available upon request.
This insurance is available only to residents of the United Kingdom who purchase cover before they travel.
Wrightsure Services (Hampshire) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their registration number is 311394) and is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts. You can check these details online using the Financial Services Register (accessible from https://register.fca.org.uk) or by contacting the Financial Conduct Authority Consumer Helpline on 0800 1116768.
Should you wish to take out this travel insurance please include the appropriate premium when booking your holiday.
DEMANDS AND NEEDS
This insurance policy will suit the demands and needs of an individual or group (where applicable) who have no excluded medical condition(s), are travelling in countries included within the policy terms and who wish to insure themselves against unforeseen circumstances/events detailed in the cover section below. Subject to the terms, conditions and maximum specified sums insured.
We will not provide you with advice about the suitability of this product for your individual needs but will be happy to provide you with factual information.
We summarise below the details of the insurance cover provided which also includes 24-hour emergency service from Mayday Assistance Limited. The following is a brief summary of the cover available. Full details of cover and exclusions will be forwarded with your confirmation of booking. In any event you may ask for a specimen copy of the policy wording before booking should you wish to examine this in advance.
SUMMARY OF COVER
PLEASE SEE THE POLICY WORDING FOR FULL DETAILS OF THE COVER, LIMITATIONS AND EXCESSES, A SPECIMEN COPY OF WHICH IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
|Cancellation||Up to £5,000 UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands & Europe & £10,000 Worldwide||Holidays 3 days duration or less Nil Excess. Holidays 4 days duration and over £75 (£15 in respect of Loss of Deposit claims)|
|Personal Accident||Up to £30,000 Death and corresponding Benefits £15,000. Death Benefit limited to £7,500 If aged 70/£1,000 if aged under 18 at time of travel||No Excess|
|Medical Expenses including Repatriation (only applicable to travel outside of the UK)||Up to £5,000,000||£75 UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands & Europe & £250 Worldwide|
|UK Additional Travelling Expenses||Up to £2,500||£75|
|Medical Confinement Benefit||£10 per 24 hours up to £100 UK £15 per 24 hours up to £500 Channel Islands & Europe||No Excess|
|Mugging Benefit||£50 per 24 hours up to £500||Nil|
|Curtailment||Up to £10,000||Holidays 3 days duration or less Nil Excess. Holidays 4 days duration and over £75|
|Personal Property Including Money||Up to £1,500 in all. Single Article Limit £200/Valuables £400 Personal Money Up to £500 (age restrictions apply) Delayed Baggage (after 12 hours) Up to £200||Personal Property & Money £75 Delayed Baggage – Excess 12 Hours|
|Loss of Passport||Up to £500||No Excess|
|Missed Departure||Up to £200 UK, £800 Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Europe & Worldwide||No Excess|
|Travel Delay||Travel Delay up to £60 Cancellation (holiday abandonment) up to £10,000||Travel Delay Excess = 12 hours Holiday abandonment excess as per Cancellation|
|Personal Liability||Up to £2,000,000||No Excess|
|Legal Expenses||Up to £25,000||No Excess|
|Covid-19||As Per Cancellation & Medical Section||As Per Cancellation & Medical Section|
Our NEW COVID-19 policy now covers you for disruption to your holiday plans as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic (Terms & conditions apply). This is included in the cost of all travel insurance policies we sell.
What is covered if I have to cancel?
- You, your close relative, a member of your household or your travelling companion(s) if you or they have a positive COVID-19 test result within 14-days or the scheduled departure date; or
- You being denied boarding your pre-booked outbound travel because you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms supported by a subsequent positive COVID-19 test result.
What is covered if I have to curtail (cut short) my trip?
- You, if you have to cut short your trip due to the death of a close relative, as certified by a medical practitioner, following a positive COVID-19 test result.
What is covered if I receive a positive COVID-19 test during my trip?
- Cost of essential emergency medical treatment if the trip is outside of the United Kingdom.
- Emergency repatriation and other travel expenses.
- Emergency additional accommodation expenses (room only) for you to extend your trip until you are medical fit to return home.
- £30 per day, up to £300 in total, if you are ordered to self-isolate in your holiday accommodation by a relevant Government authority, following you receiving a positive COVID-19 test result.
Health Conditions - Applicable to Travel Within the United Kingdom & Europe
Insurers shall not be liable for claims WHERE AT THE TIME OF TAKING OUT THIS POLICY AND BETWEEN THAT TIME AND YOUR DEPARTURE:
- a) You are aware of any medical condition or set of circumstances that could reasonably be expected to give rise to a claim (for example the state of health of a Close Relative, Business Associate or any person on whom Your travel plans depend).
b) The Insured Person whose medical condition gives rise to a claim:
- i) Is receiving, or on a waiting list for, surgery, in-patient treatment or investigations in a hospital, clinic or nursing home.
- ii) Is travelling against any health requirements stipulated by the carrier, their handling agents or other public transport provider.
- iii) Is travelling against the advice of a Medical Practitioner or for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment abroad.
- iv) Has been given a terminal prognosis.
Please note: If you are on medication at the time of travel, Your medical condition(s) must be stable and well controlled.
If you are travelling outside of the UK You must notify the Change in Health helpline immediately if a change in health occurs (including any change to medication) between the date this policy is issued and your scheduled date of departure.
Health Conditions – Applicable to Travel Outside of the United & Kingdom & Europe
This insurance contains restrictions, conditions, and exclusions relating to Your health. You should contact Insurers Medical Screening Helpline 01403 788 985 to inform them if, in the last two years, any of the following apply:-
- You have an existing or on-going medical condition
- You have been prescribed medication
- You have, or had any condition still requiring periodic review
- You are awaiting a diagnosis, or any tests, treatment, investigation, referral or the results of same.
This Policy will not cover any medical related claim unless You have declared ALL relevant medical conditions and these have been accepted by Insurers. In addition You must notify the medical screening helpline immediately of any of the conditions listed above arise between the date the Policy is issued and the time of departure for the trip
Insurers must be informed of any fact which is likely to influence them in the acceptance, assessment or continuance of this insurance. Failure to do so may invalidate this insurance, leaving You with no right to make a claim.
If you or anyone else named on this policy has not been a resident in the UK for the past 6-months this policy cannot cover you.
In addition to the above the policy also contains the following main exclusions:
- Any costs of repatriation or evacuation as a result of You taking part in any excluded Hazardous Activities and Sports including dangerous expeditions or from an area which is considered by Insurers to be a War Risk or Civil Hazard area.
- Loss of or damage to money and valuables whilst left unattended or in/from luggage in transit.
- Loss of or damage to telecommunications and motor vehicle related equipment and accessories.
- Travel against the advice of the carrier, any other public transport provider, the Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) or the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- Any insurance event arising from You being the driver, rider or passenger of a quad bike, all-terrain vehicle or motorcycle when the insured person is not wearing a crash helmet, whether legally required locally or not.
- Claims arising from any epidemic or pandemic as declared by the World Health Organisation. (This exclusion does not apply to Section 9).
Examples of these and other conditions and exclusions are contained within the policy wording, a specimen copy of which is available upon request. If after purchasing a policy from us should you find it does not meet your requirements you have 14 days from the date of issue or prior to travel, whichever is sooner, to cancel the policy and receive a full refund of your premium.
Protecting your information
We will only use your personal details in line with our Privacy Notice. This can be found on our website or is available in hard copy format upon request and you should read this carefully and contact us immediately if you have any queries. Your personal information includes all of the details you have given us to process your insurance policy (we will not ask for more information than is necessary). We may share your data with Third Parties for the provision and ongoing performance of your insurance policy. Your data may be transferred outside the UK. All of the personal information you supply to us will be handled strictly in accordance with the applicable Data Protection regulations and legislation.
We do not charge fees for our insurance related services however we and Wrightsure Services (Hampshire) Limited may receive some form of renumeration in relation to the arrangement of insurance.
If our chosen insurance provider, Wrightsure Services (Hampshire) Limited are unable to offer you the travel insurance cover you require because you have serious medical conditions, you may be able to get help by accessing the Money and Pensions Service travel directory or by calling 0800 138 7777 (lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm).
Cover does not include
- Self-isolation. You will need to provide evidence of a positive test result in order to receive cover.
- COVID-19 related claims caused by Government or FCO restrictions, such as further lockdowns. In these instances, our packages have full financial protection through our trust account.
Terms and conditions apply.
Leger Holidays Limited & Leger Air Holidays Limited are an appointed Representative of ITC Compliance Limited who are authorised and regulated by the FCA (their registration number is 313486) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts. You can check these details online using the Financial Services Register (accessible from www.fca.org.uk) or by contacting the Financial Conduct Authority Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768.
- View Status Disclosure Information (Air)
- View Status Disclosure Information (Coach)
- View Policy Document
- View Insurance Product Information Document
How to add insurance to your holiday
If you take out insurance when booking your holiday, the price of the insurance premium will be added to your holiday cost. Your statement of cover will be sent to you with your booking confirmation.
If you haven't yet booked your holiday, simply tick the box that you'll find during the online booking process. If you prefer to book over the phone, you can request insurance when you call.
If you've already booked, adding insurance to an existing booking is easy. Just give us a call on 01709 787 463 and we'll be happy to add it on for you.
You can use your own travel insurance if you have it, but you must contact us with the policy details and emergency contact numbers before departing on your Leger holiday.