Coronavirus Travel Update
Following the recent Government announcement and FCO advice, we are currently reviewing all October 2020 departures.
If you were due to depart in October, we are proactively working to contact all customers directly in departure date order with more information and to discuss alternative travel arrangements.
Understandably, you will have questions regarding your holiday. Due to the expected high volumes of calls during this time, we politely request that you await our call.
'Rule of 6' Update
Your safety and wellbeing are our utmost priority and we would like to reassure you that we are continuously monitoring all government advice.
If you are due to travel in the coming weeks, we understand that you may feel anxious to travel after the recent announcements regarding social gatherings in groups of no more than six people. We can confirm that this announcement does not affect transport, and therefore tours are scheduled to go ahead as planned.
We have taken many measures to safeguard your holiday, which you can read about below and we have worked closely with our coach/hotel partners to ensure all health and safety guidelines are met. We want to ensure you travel with complete peace of mind on your next tour.
Coronavirus Peace of Mind
We understand that some customers may be reluctant to travel in 2020, so to provide you with the confidence to travel, we can provide the following:
COVID-19 Travel Insurance Cover
We’ve teamed up with travel insurance providers, Towergate Insurance, to offer complete peace of mind when booking your holiday during the Coronavirus outbreak. Our new COVID-19 policy covers you for disruption to your holiday plans as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have already taken out our insurance, you will be happy to know that all existing policies have been backdated to include our COVID-19 cover at no extra cost to you. Find out more about our insurance cover here
Coronavirus Peace of Mind
If you contract COVID-19 up to 5 days before you’re due to travel, or you have been told to self-isolate, you will also be able to move your booking to another tour or date for free*.
We understand that some customers may be reluctant to travel in 2020, and are offering the following for future travel:
Change your holiday and date for free – book a European or Battlefields coach tour before 30th September and you can change to a later departure date or different tour at no extra cost. One change per booking can be made at any point up to 42 days ahead of your departure date.
Price freeze on 2021 holidays – book next year’s holidays at this year’s prices when you book by 30th September.
Low deposit – reserve your place from just £50pp, then nothing to pay until 6 weeks before departure.
Understandably, you may have questions regarding your upcoming holiday but please be assured that we will be in contact with you as soon as possible and ask for your patience during this time.
* proof will be required.
You may cancel your confirmed booking at any time before departure. You may also transfer your booking, if required. Both may incur fees, depending on how far in advance you make the cancellation/changes.
In the event that we have to cancel your tour and you choose to cancel your holiday, we will issue you with a Refund Credit Note, which is fully protected by ABTA. This can be redeemed against a future booking or for a full refund, at a later date. We will, of course, endeavour to offer you comparable alternative arrangements, where possible, which you may choose to book in place of those cancelled.
For full terms and conditions, please see our Booking Conditions
For any tours which are unfortunately cancelled, we will be issuing a refund straight away. Please be aware that cheques and BACS payments will take slightly longer to process.
We would like to thank all of our customers for their patience during these exceptional circumstances and particularly challenging time for the travel industry, and thank you for your continued support.
Throughout the Coronavirus pandemic, we have been closely monitoring Government guidelines. As of today, there are no specific restrictions around the number of people on coaches, however, in order to make your journey as safe and comfortable as possible, we’re putting the following into practice:
- 1. We will ensure that you will not be seated next to anybody you aren’t travelling with and your seats will be allocated and will not change throughout the entirety of your holiday, giving you peace of mind before you depart.
- 2. If you’re travelling alone, you are guaranteed to be seated at the window with an empty seat to the side of you.
- 3. The front row seats behind the driver will not be occupied for the duration of your holiday. However, the front seats on the passenger side of the coach will be available for UK breaks.
- 4. You will be required to bring your own face covering and to wear it throughout your journey on the coach.
- 5. At your joining point, each customer will be temperature checked before entering the vehicle. Any customer who has a temperature above 37.5 degrees will be advised that they can’t travel. They will receive a full credit, to be used against another holiday, less a £20pp administration fee.
- 6. There will be a strict boarding process in place in which customers seated to the rear of the coach will be asked to board first, both on the transfer journey and on each day of your tour.
- 7. We will provide hand sanitiser on board the coach that must be used upon entrance and exit of the vehicle.
- 8. Onboard toilets will be out of use during all journeys, however, the facility can be used in an emergency, and regular stops will be made throughout your journey.
- 9. During each night of your holiday, your coach will be treated with an antibacterial fogging machine that will disinfect all surfaces within the vehicle.
The above measures are currently only applicable to 2020 departures.
All customers should follow sensible guidance to reduce their risk of exposure to Coronavirus while this outbreak is ongoing. Viruses can easily be passed from person to person, however the best preventative measure to stop the spread of infections is to wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap, then rinse them well under running water. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands. Always cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin and wash your hands with soap and water.
The latest information and advice on travel to specific countries can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
If you have further questions that aren’t covered above, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01709 830 333.